How blessed we are. For the ones in our life who love us. The ones who stand by us in good and bad times. The people who challenge you, who want to harm you, but instead make you a stronger person. Thank you Lord for your mercy, your Love that never ends. I hope to always be a blessing to all the people in my life, for i am blessed beyond words. <3

My Blog List

Saturday, August 27, 2011

No More Excuses!

I feel like i need to post that everywhere! I'm reading a few books, (yes reading book! and more then one haha) friends and family have been encouraging me all the time for me to sell my work, photographs, paintings, altered clothes, different craft house hold item i've made etc.. and i'm always jealous of blogs i read and see all the cute stuff they make and sell. i always say i can totally make that, or i will make that, and then most of the time i don't. why is that? i blame it on a lot of things all the time. everyday i have an excuse! and i realized this, nothing is stopping me completely. i have the power to do what i love and i not doing it! yeah i don't have money to start different projects i would like to, but i can do things with what i have and the rest "i have to stick my neck out" find people who would like me to create something they do wanna buy so i can make at least one and then market myself with those items (pictures) to be able to make more items and more money.

one of the books i am reading is called "I'd rather be in the studio: the artist's no-excuse guide to self promotion"

i've only read like 25 pages and i already took a ton of notes! 
The first page reads: "Congratulations on deciding to take responsibility for your art career" wow how did they know thats what i want?! this quote which i WILL make into a painting for my house to remind me 
"Behold the turtle, he makes progress, only when he sticks his neck out. -James Bryant Conant

other notes i've taken that i know i have to do is:
  • Create good habits
  • make out a routine and stick to it (Successful artist's usually make some kind of art everyday)
  • "your studio time should be your most sacred, nonnegotiable routine. Neglecting you studio is unacceptable."
  • I need to define what my success would look like (even if its not what other people think it should look like)
  • work hard while practicing self-discipline.
other books i've checked out but barely read a few pages are "The Artist's guide: how to make a living doing what you love" & "crafting a business: make money doing what you love"




i really wanna make the most money i can, just by doing what i love to do and what i'm the best at doing. i guess what i am asking from you is, that even tho i have set this goal for me and will be practicing self-desipline... but to make sure i stick to this, sometimes i need people to be on my butt about things.

Let me know what i can make for u!
now is the time to try, make mistakes and succeed!
i may not be able to do what i love tomorrow, so i must start today!

Beyond blessed
<3 Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment